Sam has been a benefits agent with Turner Wood and Smith since 2015. Prior to joining TWS he was with a national firm for 8 years working in the Athens/Gainesville market. Sam graduated from the University of Georgia in 1994 with a communications degree. Sam is incredibly involved in the community. He currently serves on the Gainesville City Council and serves on numerous boards in the community. Sam and his wife Margie have two children currently in college: Sarah Grace and Molly.
- Gainesville City Council – Elected in 2013 to serve Ward 1
- Mayor Pro-Tem – 2018-19
- Kiwanis Club of Gainesville – 2012-current
- United Way of Hall County – Current Board Member. Served on Campaign cabinet 2012-2014.
- Department of Children and Family Services (DFCS) Board Member – 2017-current
- Boy Scouts American Values Dinner Committee – 2013-2019
- Hall Friends of Scouting Committee – 2018
- Dancing for a Cause Advisory Committee – 2018
- Dancing for a Cause – 2016
- University of Georgia Alumni Association Vice President (Hall County Chapter) 2016-2019
- Center Point – Mentor – 2012-Current
- Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce – Ambassador 2010-2014
- Guest House Board Member – Served on the board of directors 2014-2017.
- Gainesville First United Methodist – Staff Parrish Relations Committee 2014-2017. Children’s Council 2011-2014.
- Gainesville High School Athletic Board – 2014-current
- Gainesville School Superintendent Advisory Council – 2015
- Leadership Hall County Class of 2014
- Insurance Professionals of Gainesville Insurance Man of the Year – 2015